Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Very, Chilly Valentine's Day

Daegu received more snow than what it has seen in almost 20 years on Valentine's Day!  It was so much fun to heat up some hot chocolate in my kitchen at school, bundle up my students and take our chairs outside while enjoying watching our snow falling on the patio!  The chunks of snow were huge and fluffy.  It was probably the prettiest snow fall I have ever seen...I believe it added up to about 6 inches.  The locals were loving it but had no idea how to drive/walk in it.


Susan, my LA friend, de-snowing her car with a broom after school. 
 Our school parking lot


We ended up having a Snow Day the following school day.  It was a great surprise and allowed Jake and me to get out into Daegu to celebrate Valentine's Day without having to worry about a curfew.





We went to see Gulliver's Travels in 4-D at the Cinema.  As you can see...we were the only people in there.  We had a great evening together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment